We have been experiencing a historic pandemic for more than a year. Let's put aside rumors, misinformation and conspiracy theories, the real face of our anxiety about COVID-19. We have forgotten that viruses are part of nature, that they appeared on earth before us and will certainly remain after us!
Advances in science and medicine are advancing, the weapons against SARS-COV 2 are growing, and we all hope to quickly overcome this disease. But in the meantime, we can best protect ourselves from all viral and bacterial infections, with good habits, good knowledge, and taking care of our immunity.
The arrival of cold seasons is more conducive to infections. For what ? Several explanations are given: Low temperatures, low humidity in the air, minimal sunshine, would contribute to a higher rate of viruses in the ambient air. The confinement during the cold season and the lack of ventilation promotes exchanges between individuals and spreads infections. Finally, the colder and drier air puts to the test our respiratory tracts, which are more sensitive to the aggression of viruses and bacteria. So let's keep in mind all the barrier gestures that have been taught to us since the start of the pandemic, because it works!
It is also high time to take care of your immunity, in order to avoid colds, sinusitis, and bronchitis. It starts with a healthy lifestyle and good habits, to read in our advice.
Then, you will find in this section a whole series of products intended to boost your immune system, in a gentle and natural way.
Finally, when certain viruses can endanger your life, vaccination IS the most effective way to protect yourself!
TO DO :
- Wash your hands regularly, especially after spending time outdoors. Hydroalcoholic gels have become part of our habits and are effective when used regularly, and replace hand washing outdoors.
- Wear a mask when you are in a confined and frequented place: Type IIR surgical masks greatly reduce the projection of aerosols leaving our respiratory tracts, and loaded with viruses if you are sick. They therefore protect those around you. The so-called KN95 masks, which are thicker, protect you by filtering up to 95% of airborne particles. They are therefore more effective than surgical ones, but less comfortable to wear.
- Eat a balanced diet: Your intestines are the most busy part of your immune system, so any digestive condition helps to mobilize it. Nothing prevents you from enjoying a good festive meal from time to time, a fondue, a hunt,… as long as it remains occasional. Help your intestines and organs to eliminate better withVita Amaradrink DTX , you will indirectly help your immunity.
- Do not deprive yourself of seasonal fruits: They are almost all rich in vitamin C and fiber, which contributes to good digestion. You can supplement your vitamin C intake with Burgerstein Vitamin C retard 500 mg , highly dosed, as well as with Burgerstein Zinc lollipops , essential for good immune function.
- Eat mushrooms, especially oyster mushrooms, shiitake, reishi, these Asian varieties contain polysaccharides with immunostimulant properties. If you don't like mushrooms, take Vogel Echinaforce , in liquid or tablet form. Echinacea is famous for its properties "boosting" our macrophages, cells that clean our immune system.
- Eat yogurt every day: It is a good source of natural probiotics, helping to maintain your intestinal flora, the keystone of your immunity. Except if you are lactose intolerant, of course. You will find in the RegulatPro Immune , or in the Pharmalp Defenses probiotics ideal formulations to preserve your intestine and boost your immunity
- Eat Turmeric: This oriental spice has many interesting properties: intestinal anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, immune protector (the curcumin present would activate certain types of white blood cells including macrophages, making them more effective in the event of infection).
- Practice meditation: It is proven that those who meditate have a higher level of antibodies than others. But any discipline bringing psychic and nervous harmony is beneficial: Cortisol and adrenaline, hormones that we produce in case of stress, decrease the immune system. So knowing how to disconnect regularly from active life by practicing a sport, music, and even a plastic art allows you to “recharge” your immunity.
- Have good nasal hygiene: This is the gateway to respiratory infections, so keeping the nasal mucosa in good condition by regularly rinsing with sea or salt water is beneficial.
TO AVOID :
- Too much stress: As mentioned above, regular production of cortisol and adrenaline leads to a lower immune system!
- Lack of sleep: When you are exhausted, your immunity is exhausted!
- Too many exciting products: Coca Cola, energy drinks, too much coffee: All these agents taken in too large quantities increase stress, therefore the production of cortisol which weakens immunity.
- Tobacco: It is obvious: smoking increases the ingestion of free radicals and weakens the body as a whole. Smoke irritates the bronchi, making it easier for viruses and bacteria to enter.